On Sunday afternoon we went apple-picking. We’ve had so much rain in the last month that it we really hadn’t had a good day to go out and yesterday was just beautiful!
We picked tons of honey crisps (a favorite of mine in the Hudson Valley) and had a ball enjoying the views, checking out the pumpkin patch, and having the kids run races down the rows!
I am a muffin girl, but I try to cater to everyone’s tastes at home. I love making simple a simple applesauce that everyone, even toddlers can enjoy.
- half dozen apples (you can choose your favorite variety of cooking apples)
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup sugar (I like coconut sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel & core apples.
- Chop into small cubes and place with other ingredients into a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for a half hour
- Mash apples with a masher and serve
You know what they say about apples! Be well!